Who can be held liable for my burn injury damages?
Depending on the circumstances of the accident, a number of potential defendants may be targeted in burn injury cases:
- If the burn injury occurred during an auto accident, the negligent driver can be held responsible.
- If the burn injury resulted from use of a defective product, the manufacturer and/or retailer may be held liable.
- If the burn injury resulted on public or private property that was unsafe, the property owner or governing agency may be held responsible and asked to pay money damages.
What types of damages can a burn victim receive?
The damages that we might seek in your burn injury case will be determined by the amount of evidence we acquire, the details of your accident, and how severely your life has been affected by the burn injury. Depending on these factors, you may be entitled to:
- Emergency medical burn treatment
- Lost income as a result of the injury
- Money damages for pain, disability and disfigurement
- Estimated future medical expenses
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Compensation for estimated future pain, disability and disfigurement
Is there a time limit to filing my burn injury claim?
The statutes of limitations on burn injury claims vary by state. An experienced attorney in your area should be able to advise you accordingly so that you do not miss any important deadlines.
After a severe burn injury, you should consult an experienced attorney right away to find out if you have a valid case. It is important to get your legal team started on the investigation and evidence collection process as soon as possible. If you wait too long, valuable details can become concealed and information that may be crucial to your case can become harder to find.
What can Jacoby & Meyers do to help burn injury victims?
The skilled burn injury lawyers at Jacoby & Meyers can be your voice against the party who caused the accident and your injuries. We will see your case through from investigation to verdict or settlement and protect your rights along the way. We will deal with securing witnesses and expert testimony from medical professionals and other field experts. We will take care of all the overwhelming details so you can focus on recovery.
Please contact our burn injury lawyers today to schedule your free initial consultation. Jacoby & Meyers has offices throughout the U.S.