Commercial law governs business and commercial transactions. Often considered a branch of civil law, commercial lawsuits can deal with both private and public law.
Commercial law regulates corporate contracts, hiring practices, and the manufacture and sales of consumer goods. This area of law also addresses commercial transactions between individuals and business entities.
Contract Actions and Disputes
The commercial and business lawyers at Jacoby & Meyers can help you review, negotiate and draft various business contracts, such as:
- Employment contracts
- Vendor contracts
- Confidentiality agreements
- Contracts in the sports and entertainment industry
- Non-compete agreements
- Commercial leases
- Partnership agreements
Our commercial litigation attorneys also deal with breach of contract disputes. Some of these include:
- Breach of sales and vendor agreements
- Breach of agency agreements
- Improper interference with contracts
- Interference with advantageous business relationships
- Disputes involving the breach and enforcement of franchise agreements
- Dissolution of partnerships
Other common areas of commercial law include:
- Commercial transactions: We can help you seek justice involving commercial transactions between businesses, such as business buyouts, acquisitions and dissolutions.
- Real estate: At Jacoby & Meyers, we provide counsel in regard to real estate issues in the business or commercial context. This often includes the negotiation, drafting and reviewing of commercial leases, real estate sales and zoning issues that seek to assure a property is built to fill its intended business use.
- Commercial and business litigation: If you are involved in a dispute that has developed between businesses, we can help with mediation, arbitration and court proceedings. These types of claims often involve fraud, collections, state and federal protection claims and defamation disputes.
- Employment litigation: Employers must treat employees, former employees, and applicants fairly and justly. If you are a victim of discrimination, have not received fair compensation, or have been injured on the job, we can help.
- Foreclosures and creditor’s rights: Our experienced lawyers also handle cases involving foreclosures of homes, vehicles and other property. We can also help protect creditor’s rights in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Landlord and tenant disputes: At the law firm of Jacoby & Meyers, we handle a number of commercial and residential landlords and tenants on a wide variety of matters, from breach of contract to premises liability. We also handle eviction actions and interpretation of lease provisions.
If you need assistance with commercial law issues, please contact the experienced commercial and business lawyers at Jacoby & Meyers today to arrange your initial consultation. We serve clients nationwide.